Sunday, September 6, 2009

Al Franken speaks to protesters at Minnesota State Fair

Junior Senator Al Franken was confront by his constituents at the recent Minnesota State Fair, he addressed their concerns in a civil manner. A nice departure from the posturing and spectacle that often marred interactions between voters and their leaders. Ironic as Franken has quite the reputation for being wrestler-like and confrontational, well suited to the "cage match" format of recent Town Halls.

Dustytrice.com has the video,
Franken Talks Down Angry Mob!!!
I got to witness something really special the other day. About a dozen tea party activists had staked out Sen. Al Franken’s booth at the Minnesota State Fair and confronted him loudly when he arrived. But within minutes, he’d turned an unruly crowd into a productive conversation on health care. The discussion went from insurance reform, to the public option, to veterans benefits, to cap and trade. He made a few laugh and even told a touching story that moved a few to tears. A whole lot of common ground was found.
VIDEO: Al Franken "talks down angry mob"
AL FRANKEN: I'm going to vote the way I want to vote, now let me tell you how I decide I vote. I use my independent judgment and I don't always go by the polls... The point is people have different opinions but I thank you for your passion...

Let's look at other countries, let's not look at Canada, not England. Let's look at Switzerland...

No comments: