Friday, October 1, 2010

Rick Sanchez appears on 'Stand Up with Pete Dominick', conversation contributes to CNN firing

Rick Sanchez has been released by CNN presumably for comments he made on APF pundit Pete Dominick's show
BREAKING: Rick Sanchez Fired From CNN
CNN released this statement today:

“Rick Sanchez is no longer with the company. We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well.“

They will broadcast CNN Newsroom from 3-5pm for the foreseeable future.
Pete Dominick's website (www.standupwithpetedominick) was down for several hours, though it seems to be fine now. Pete will be expanding his role on CNN with a new Saturday show, 2:30pm ET. His facebook page offers a hint of the show's content
On our show tomorrow on CNN at 2:30 and 10:30 I will bring a camera to the people every week. We will talk about the weeks stories that weren't covered enough. We will highlight people from the week who are "better than me" and we will never prep a segment on pop culture unless it slams americans obsession with it
Here are is a sample of of Sanchez' contentious remarks
Partial transcript of conversation between Rick Sanchez and Pete Dominick
RICK SANCHEZ: Its not just the right that does this cuz I've know a lot of elite, north east, establishment liberals that may not use this as a business model but deep down they look at a guy like me and they automatically see a guy in the second tier and not in the top tier...

I think to a certain extent Jon Stewart and Colbert are the same way. I think Jon Stewart is a bigot... [he is bigoted towards] anyone who isn't like him. Look at his, I mean what does he surround himself with?...

I’m telling you that everybody who runs CNN is a lot like Stewart, and a lot of people who run all the other networks are a lot like Stewart, and to imply that somehow they, the people in this country who are Jewish, are an oppressed minority? Yeah.

That what happens when you watch yourself [Sanchez] on his show all day and all they ever do is call you stupid...

I think Jon's show is essentially prejudicial... against anybody who doesn't agree with his point of view which is very much a white, liberal, establishment point of view. He can't relate to a guy like me...

He's upset that someone of my ilk is at almost his level. I'm sorry that's my impression. Why would a guy constantly berate you night in and night out?...
VIDEO: Rick Sanchez calls Jon Stewart a bigot on Pete Dominick's radio show


Read and Listen to my 2008 interview with Pete Dominick - Introducing the newest APF Pundit: Pete Dominick

No comments: