Sunday, January 24, 2010

Keith Olbermann responds to Jon Stewart's crtitique

VIDEO: Keith Olbermann's response to Jon Stewart

Keith Olbermann responded to Jon Stewart's critique of him by replaying Stewart's skewering of him in its entirety and sheepishly apologising. Olbermann also referenced an earlier parody that Ben Affleck did of him for SNL in 2008.
KEITH OLBERMANN: Well yesterday Mr Stewart was first critical of Rachel [Maddow] and then last night of me... seriously Mr Stewart's critique of me won't mean much unless you see it so I will show it in a moment with 2 prefaces only

1) Jon you invited me on the show in 2003 and I said I couldn't make it because of the taping time. It didn't mean I couldn't make it forever. What, you can't pick up the phone and make a jingle?
2)I think it should be noted that when Affleck did this he didn't have a teleprompter. That guy was a technician like Rembrandt was a technician.

(Daily Show clip played in its entirety)


You want some baseless name-calling? You are... You know what? You're right.I have been a little over the top lately. Point taken. Sorry.

No comments: