Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Full video: Barack Obama's acceptance and John McCain's concession speech

VIDEO: President Elect Barack Obama's Acceptance speech
Tonight, we proved once more that the true strength of our nation comes not from the might of our arms or the scale of our wealth, but from the enduring power of our ideals: democracy, liberty, opportunity and unyielding hope.

For that is the true genius of America — that America can change. Our union can be perfected. And what we have already achieved gives us hope for what we can and must achieve tomorrow.
Read the full transcript of Obama's speech

VIDEO: John McCain's concession speech
I would not be an American worthy of the name, should I regret a fate that has allowed me the extraordinary privilege of serving this country for a half a century. Today, I was a candidate for the highest office in the country I love so much. And tonight, I remain her servant. That is blessing enough for anyone and I thank the people of Arizona for it.
Read the full transcript of McCain's speech

No comments: