Via The Christian Science Monitor
Revealed: schedule for 'Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear'
* 10:00 a.m.: The pre-pre-show begins with videos and music on the jumbotron to keep the gathering crowd friendly and entertained.
* Noon: The pre-show starts with a performance from The Roots.
* 12:40: A comedian (to be determined) warms up the audience.
* 12:57: A video countdown with a show introduction.
* 1:00: The show kicks off with the national anthem by a musical guest (to be announced).
* 1:05: Mr. Stewart welcomes the crowd – whose projected size is ballooning daily. Currently, there are 200,000 sign-ups on the official Facebook page alone.
* 1:20: Mr. Colbert enters, and two actors – Don Novello and Sam Waterston – perform readings.
* 1:40: Jeff Tweedy and Mavis Staple perform for 10 minutes, followed by Stewart and Colbert until 2 p.m.
* 2:15: Sheryl Crow performs for five minutes, followed by speakers and guests (to be determined).
* 2:30: Musical guests (also still being lined up) come on.
* 2:40: The show turns to a pre-taped sequence – The Sanity and Fear Awards. (Noting the intense media interest in this event as she reads through the rundown, Ms. Lowe says, “I’d like some sanity, myself.”)